Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Truth in Fiction

Pss. 143:5 “I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.”

Are ya thirsty for more?

I’ve been reading that my posts are actually missed. Go figure! My breaks in writing have allowed me time to reflect and I think that is a good thing as long as I don’t dawdle there too long. I need to learn and grow from all I meditate on and this is what the coming year will bring to me in my endurance.

One of the main things I’ve learned this year is this: don’t believe everything you read. I’ve had to witness throughout the year people post over and over the things of years past already to be known as a hoax or untruths. People are so eager to put it out there that they don’t do the reality check that needs to be brought forth.

It’s not just in facebook posts that get me but what people read in fiction and call it ‘historical truth’. Take the DaVinci code for instance; people really saw historical truth in that book/movie of fiction? No wonder we have so many people/Christians confused with what to believe.

That’s another thing I’ve reflected on this year: truth! I’ve always listened to God’s word as truth but again it is my interpretation of God and the truth and no one else can claim MY truth. Granted Dan Brown, the writer, had some truth twisted in his words, it is to each their own.

“History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?”
― Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code

So when someone says to me that they saw historical truth in that story by Brown, are they telling me that they believe in fables and that the bible is one of those fables? Yeah, so much on the net confuses me and that is why I only listen to the truth that God himself instills in my being and I don’t mean ‘the bible’ I mean GOD! I am conquering the enemy! I will only glorify the God in ME!

We all as a human race seek out a truth and some grab onto anything that rolls past them as it wobbles down the road. I’ve never been like that for some reason. This is why I say I am spirit-filled. I’m not fiction fable filled, I’m not media or political filled, and I’m certainly not filled with the ways of the world. It makes my skin crawl.

I do know one thing and that is satan was working overtime through Dan Brown. What better way to have people rethink or restructure their faith than to have a well respected writer convey a message and people buy it as historical truth! Way to go dark one!

I know what people missed in my posting and that is essentially they missed someone that they could relate to, someone who they understand and someone they could call a trusted friend. One thing I won’t fill your head with is lies and feed the blasphemous nature of the world.

I’ll give Mr. Brown this, he did say some interesting truth (mingled with the lies):

Truth: “Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.”
― Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code

What?: “Those who truly understand their faiths understand the stories are metaphorical.”
― Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code Joni says: “My faith isn’t in a book of stories.”

Lie: “Faith ― acceptance of which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove.”
― Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code Joni says: “I don’t imagine my faith to be true.”

Truth: “The art of a good writer is to stir up controversy”
~ Joni

Thanks Brown for giving me the image that DaVinci was seated at the Last Supper and could interpret what he saw thus painting what he believed he saw.

Thanks for giving me the image of Jesus having sex.

I’m so glad my spirit-filled nature, not my imagination, carries me higher than any of these controversial comical relief writers. I’m also glad that my writing isn’t filled with twisted truth, lies, deceit, puzzles and playthings. My truth, my faith, my PROOF is within ME and everyone has this capability but they are too busy tying themselves up in knotted lies.
p.s. As you can see, I had a real problem with this farce called fiction. But then again, that’s just me. P.s.s. I have a hard time not watching a Tom Hanks film. * wink *

My prayer for you this coming year: That you may taste faith on the tip of your tongue. That you may see your faith at work! That you may hear your faith in whispers of the wind. That your fingertips graze the faith you know is within YOU! May you know that your faith is PROOF enough!

God Bless you all!

1 Tim. 4:15 “Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.”

No comments: