Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Thankful November?

Pss. 100:4 “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”

Well, it is pretty amazing that November came around so quick. Seems like just yesterday it was Christmas. Five years ago today there was snow on the ground here, hubby was blind and life in the great state of Nebraska was fairly new to me. After a week long of reminiscing I need to get back on track this week.

I don’t know how man years Thankful November has been going on but I see the ‘challenge’ every year and think it is quite silly for ME, not so much so for the people who need a month reminder to remember what they are Thankful or grateful for.

Rom. 1:21 “Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

You see, the challenge should not be a month set aside in November when we have Thanksgiving to celebrate, I think the challenge should be a 365-day event! Wake every day and be grateful for just one thing if not a ton of things, before signing off at night, tell the world what you were thankful for on that given day! 

That my friends is a CHALLENGE! When I wake up in the morning, I thank the Lord for another day to be alive on this planet and when I go to sleep at night I thank the Lord for getting me through the day and I always find one specific thing in my day to thank Him for; prayers answered, a car that runs, the dog that licks my nose, whether simple or big, I’m always thankful. 

Yesterday, besides being thankful for another day, I was thankful for Thankful November. I know there are many non-believers or passive followers of Christ but everyone loves a good challenge and struggling to find one good thing to be grateful for in a day is a challenge many can’t meet or are not up to the task.

While this November is an election year, too many souls are lost in the mire of hate, anger, and a sheepish leading of their life, that they NEED Thankful November to open their eyes to what REALLY matters in life. While I understand everything physical in this life matters (to an extent) I cling to the Spirit of life that feeds my very grateful and humble being.

When this year ends December 31st, I will still have my dignity intact and won’t have to look back at the shame I brought upon myself in the past year. I know, we live in a world that holds no shame for people spreading the hate, who delights in bringing angst to a day, and for some who wallow in the mire of deep-seated evil spread to the world.

At the end of the day I don’t look in the mirror and feel shame, guilt, remorse, pride or arrogance, I see me; the whiny, bratty me that the Lord shaped on a sun-filled morning thankful for another day of life but ready for my eight hours of sleep that I’m BLESSED to have. 

So when another month passes and everyone’s card is full for the 30 days of being thankful in November and I see hashtags like  #Thankful 30, I so wish it said #thankful365, #Thankful2016, #thankfultobealive. Seriously, this is what the world NEEDS!

I’m grateful for a movement that gets the world being thankful for what they have! I’m grateful for a God who loves me unconditionally and blesses me DAILY! I’m thankful for a blog that at the beginning of the year I wanted to end took on new life and meaning and I surpassed 2014 (182 posts) and my goal now is to surpass 2012 (202 posts) just to prove to myself my words mean something to someone and to ME! 

I could go on and on for all that I’m thankful for and my hope in my words is to see people surpass the Thankful November Thirty-day challenge and have it last the entire year possibly the rest of their lives! Finding something to be grateful for even if it is as simple as having another roll of toilet paper on hand when one runs out, being grateful for EVERYTHING changes you!

So light your days being grateful! Spend the month being Thankful… at the end of the year realize… you have more than thirty days of thankfulness to be grateful for! 

God be with each and every one of you to who I am grateful for!

God Bless!

Col. 3:15 “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.”


No comments: