Sunday, January 07, 2018

Poetry Sunday ~ My Country Tis of Thee...


Isa.24:5 “The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.”

My Country, Tis of Thee…

My country tis of thee
No land of liberty
Of thee I plead.
Land where my father died
Land where all children cried
Where man will always burn inside
For once, let FREEDOM reign.

My country tis of thee
No peace I ever see
Of thee I bleed.
Land never filled with pride
Land with arms open wide
Where man cannot safely hide
Why is FREEDOM pain?

My country tis of thee
No truth will set me free
Of thee is greed.
Land lost to all that chide
Land where no man abide
Where loyalty is put aside
My FREEDOM’s slain!

My country tis of thee
I long to trust in thee
Of thee great seed.
Land where the ground has dried
Land where no fruit complied
Where others all deride
Let FREEDOM not be vain.

Hos. 4:7 “As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.”

2 comments:

benning said...

Kinda harsh, Joni, but not far from absolute fact. Sad thing, isn't it?

*Hugs!* <3

joni said...

Not far? It is spot on, sadly. :(

*Hugs* <3