Tuesday, June 12, 2018

I'm Alive

James 5:16 (ESV) “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” 

I’m Alive

Everyone draws concern when I'm away from the social media platform for a week. I imagine they all think the worst and have me dead in the still of the night. But I digress they all might just wonder whatever happened to me as my daily postings come to a halt. I love you all immensely!

I wish I was well enough to bring you great news, but no, I’m down and don’t want to bring others down with me. It’s hard visiting the social media world and see everyone happily moving along, portraying the perfect life while I’m out here miserable. And I know, they all have imperfect lives also they just like portraying the facade. I just could never do that in all honesty. I like dripping truth onto the page and sweeping up the mess as I move along.

I’m now housebound for the summer. I was housebound for the extensive, extremely frozen over winter and now that we've jumped right into summer with a day or two of a spring feel to it, I'm housebound again. I'm grumpy and not liking anything these days so I figure if I stay away from my friends and the social media, I can try and mend without hurting anyone with my snide lashings.

My inability to walk came to a complete standstill last week when I had finished mowing. I used to walk with a limp but now I can't even make it down a pair of stairs, and before you start telling me to see a doctor, that's easier said than done. If you're willing to come and shower and clothe me and place me in the vehicle and take me to the doctor, (if you can find a wheelchair when you get there) then attending a doctors office is not in the picture any time soon. Yeah, it's gotten that bad in just a week. 

My writing has come to a standstill, my walking to a halt, my mowing at a deadlock, my showering when I can, my joy on hiatus. I now write in Yahoo notepad since my MS Word is malfunctioning. My walking, what little I can do, is done with a cane in hand, my mowing is now my husband's fun. My joy? Well, that's taking its sweet old time in resurfacing as the enemy thinks its time to hit me full force!

I thought my riding lawn mower was going to be my welcomed joy this summer, heat or no heat, I would be out and enjoying SOMETHING in the world, but no, it just wasn't meant to be for me. Last week when I got off the mower my legs nearly crumbled. I came in the house to sit down and sitting felt like I had just sat on an ice pick and no one could remove the steel point hitting the nerve in my back. I was in pain worse than I had been in a few weeks ago when I didn't want to visit family but I did. I could not lie down (still can't), I could barely sit, cooking was out of the question so I just sat, and cried, a good long sobbing cry. The uneven land out here and every jostle the mower took, so did my already damaged back. 

I've rested this week staring out the window at the squirrels, bunnies, and birds. We've had pretty intense heat in the upper nineties so peeking my head out the door even became an unbearable task. This is not the kind of heat that arthritic people can endure. I'm here and I'm alive. I don't have my peppy optimism and inspirational spring in my step; negativity from the outside world seeps in whether aimed at me or not, so avoiding the social world helps. I just can't bear to see people happily enjoying the very thing that will kill me in the foods they eat and post happily because well, it's not killing them, yet. YET!

I do like seeing people happy and changing the very way they view their obesity. To overcome weight problems is a chore and one that deserves high-fives and demands hugs! I hope in some way that my testimony of healthy eating has impacted many peoples lives so that they WANT to live and not just live meal to unhealthy meal. Death is final! No, we're not going to take our bodies with us afterward but I feel what we ARE taking is our negative unhealthy thoughts. They don't just go, poof, because we die, they shape our very soul in the here and the hereafter.

If we remain positive, feed on health and nutrition, maybe, just maybe when we face the Lord, we can share the joy we had living with him, our Father who wants nothing but the BEST for us! Forgiveness isn't about doing wrong and treating your bodies bad all your life then when you get to heaven say, "Oh, by the way, forgive me for not cherishing the very sacredness of what you created in me." You knew all along your body is a sacred temple but spitting in the Lord's face is easier than self-control, I get it.

I'm alive. Even though I don't have much to do in a day, I pray, hours on end. It seems like everything has been taken away from me and all I have to do is pray. So if you don't see me for a spell, know that I'm out here, alive. If anything drastic happens to me, I've asked my husband or son to inform you so you will never be left not knowing what happened to Joni. To stay positive, I need to stay away from the negative, please understand that. I need to reclaim the joy that lies out in the dry fields buried. I will be back. You need patience as much as I. My love to you, my friends!

All praise and Glory to God! 

Ephesians 5:11-13, “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible — and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.” (NIV)

4 comments:

benning said...

I hate that the pain is back, and seems worse. >:( Is this that effing arthritis again? Have you - I know! I know! You have heard every-damn-thing! - tried the vinegar for arthritis? Some brand of cider vinegar with a Dr.'s name on it, in a kind of tea. Supposed to be a home remedy for arthritis. And it's not expensive. (But it sounds yucky, right?) Wal-Mart carries it.

Yeah, we do worry about you when you fall silent. No, we AREN'T wondering iffen you've up and died! But we worry, as we ARE your friends, and we need to know you remain among the living and aren't in the hospital. And that worry from without happens to be a good thing, y'know? You have quite a few folks who care.

*HUGS!* <3

PS: TRY the vinegar! It can only do nothing, right? :) <3

Here it is: http://doctorscotthealth.com/home-remedies/braggs-apple-cider-vinegar-history-health-benefits-uses/

joni said...

That is the exact vinegar I have in my pantry! It's Braggs organic! :) I did hear about everything (acv vinegar) and of course I tried it (momentarily) because that taste is nasty as all get out and didn't help all that much that I'd be willing to drink the stuff again.

I think the pain is a sciatic nerve! The riding mower (seat) pressed on it and it only took one (or many bumps in two hours) to make the pain unbearable! Lesson learned: know your limits! Let someone else have a ride. ;)

today 6 16 18, I'm feeling a lot better and am almost back to (normal)! :) ALMOST!!!

*hugs* <3

benning said...

Okay. I have heard about vinegar to reduce arthritic swelling for a long time. Iffen it ain't gonna work, then ... LOL *shrug*

joni said...

Oh don't get me wrong, it works, it's just I'm battling more than arthritis, oh so much more. If the swelling goes down that's good but then I contend with movement.

It's like looking at a painting and seeing a tree. It took more than one color to make it a magnificent work of art and it will take more than a glance to see the whole picture and understand it's meaning. Know what I mean?

I think there's a blog post topic in there somewhere. lol

*HUGS* <3

THIS comment made it through! *rolling eyes* gmail takeover