Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Snowflake?



A Snowflake?

There was a snowflake that fell
On my nose without a smell
Cross-eyed I did look
It trembled and shook
It found a new place to dwell.

The snowflake began to squirm
It wriggled like a worm
It began to slip
Down to my lip
A snowflake I can’t confirm.

The thing began to tickle
Feeling kind of fickle
I blew in the air
Without a care
I seem to be in a pickle.

It came down in flight
What a beautiful sight
Unlikely weather
For snowflake not feather
A message on wings of white.

“Feathers appear when Angels are near.”


This is the poem I wrote for my mother, whom just lost her husband of sixty years. This is her Christmas present. I told her I’d write one that wouldn’t make her cry and I’m hoping I succeeded. I also put in the envelope a white feather. 
Comments are much appreciated. 

Pss. 91:4 “He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.”

No comments: