Saturday, July 18, 2009

Quotation Saturday


Only through art can we get outside of ourselves and know another's view of the universe.
~Marcel Proust

The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar and familiar things new.
~Samuel Johnson

The best style is the style you don't notice.
~Somerset Maugham

There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up the pen and writes.
~William Makepeace Thackeray


No man should ever publish a book until he has first read it to a woman.
~Van Wyck Brooks

He that uses many words for the explaining any subject doth, like the cuttlefish, hide himself for the most part in his own ink.
~John Ray

I do not like to write - I like to have written.
~Gloria Steinem

A notepad by the bedside accounts for half the earnings of my livelihood. If it weren't for bedtime, half my novels would still be stuck at dock.
~Ever Garrison

I keep little notepads all over the place to write down ideas as soon as they strike, but the ones that fill up the quickest are always the ones at my nightstand.
~Emily Logan Decens

I even shower with my pen, in case any ideas drip out of the waterhead.
~Graycie Harmon

To withdraw myself from myself has ever been my sole, my entire, my sincere motive in scribbling at all.
~Lord Byron



No comments: