Sunday, May 15, 2011

Poetry Sunday ~ Time...an eternity

Isa.57: 15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
***
Time... an eternity

(c) Joni Zipp
***
Minute by minute the clock it ticks
away at time the veil it nicks
life is fluent ever flowing while
worlds collide with no one knowing

Simplicity basks within each wonder
pluck the bad to put asunder.
Cubicles carry the coarser thrill
all vanity notions are swallowed still.

Silence I hear in my hallowed heart
beating a sound that tears me apart
My sanity shorn I fall to the ground
kissing the soil my lips have found.

His presence wraps me in the light
I long to taste within the night
the juice of every fiber of being
my Lord has granted all I’m seeing.

Whisk me from this absurdity
clear my mind of uncertainty
thoughts no more of second guessing
rain on me your bountiful blessing.

Minute by minute I hear it calling
through the portal slowly I’m falling
into a realm that none should see
until they taste their eternity.


All rights reserved: copyright © joni  zipp

2 comments:

Steven said...

Time is flowing like a river,
to the sea; to the sea.
'Til it's gone forever,
gone forever,
gone forever...

joni said...

sing it to me, baby....:)

And thanks, that's a compliment! :)