Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Alexandria, Virginia




I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. ~Michelangelo
***


Sorry Alexandria, Virginia. I notice you check out my blog at least twice a day, sometimes more. Are you in search of a new post? Seeing if I’m writing? Well the muse has faded from my eyes for a bit, and maybe one day it will be recaptured. I have said over and over that it was squelched and to this date, it has not been rekindled.

Life has a way of putting up roadblocks and we can either stand behind them, waiting for it to be removed, or we can go around it and move forward into new areas of fulfillment. This is what I’ve chosen to do. It is Spring here in Nebraska and as such, the gardens are coming alive, the fields are being plowed, the rains have given nourishment to the soil, seedlings are popping up everywhere, and the sun, the rich warm sun lightens my path and guides me to new things.

I could curl up into a ball at all of the adversity happening in my life, but I’m not one to roll over and play dead. I’m embracing all that life is tossing at me. I watch as my writer friends move on in their writing pursuits, trying to grab hold of their dream, but as of late, my writing dream is asleep. It’s pretty sound asleep too.

After my beau regained his sight, the recent infection that has seen us on many trips to Omaha, is finally showing signs of healing! My back issues and dental issues are all coming together in a mutual healing pattern. It’s as if our (my beaus and I) infections know each other intimately and are both on the same path to healing, making me see the intricacies of a life altering progression.

My life as I know it will change forever. I will not be the same being I am today and I will follow the road where it may lead and never look back. Remember, life is a string of thought, we are all connected and we will all come full circle. The blanket has been cast, the weavers are busy weaving and humans are in the tangled mess trying to figure it all out. As such, the trail I’m on has bread crumbs and I’m following them as I go along.

So I’m sorry Alexandria Virginia if I am letting you down. I follow my inner soul and allow it to lead me where it may. It will always be threaded in poetry. I will always connect to the wisdom of old in Quotes and my heart belongs to God, and that is a good thing to have in life. My gift will remain an effervescent presence in my life. Be happy! Life is too short to waste on the mundane.


I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. ~Theodore Geisel


No comments: