Sunday, May 20, 2012

Poetry Sunday ~ Spring



Psalm 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and del ivered them from their destructions.

Welcome Spring

Spring has sprung the time has come,
for the fields to burst alive.
With colors so great it's not to late.
for spring to officially arrive.

The snow has gone, I have no one,
to share this vibrant season.
I feel so strong I break into song,
for no apparent reason.

I have no excuse for spring to seduce,
my heart to rendezvous.
I go into panic, my soul now volcanic.
I'm free to grow and renew!

All rights reserved: copyright  © 1984 Joni Zipp

Wellspring of the Season
copyright 2011 © Joni Zipp
***

Spring flourishes as buds burst through the soil
branches have nubs that appeared without toil
long winter nights have now given swift rise
to sweeping old leaves out of the cloudless skies.

Earth has shaped this beautiful display
of fragrant pleasantries and colorful array.
We take for granted the burgeoning blooms
looking for light where all darkness looms.

Hand in hand we walk through the meadow;
orange collides with buoyant yellow.
The warmth of the sun; the tickling grass
all give rise to Springtime's sheer glass.

The beauty is wrapped in a myriad of shades;
sunbeams dance off of dew-laden blades.
We inhale the life of this glorious treasure
wrapped in the love of heavenly pleasure.

Humans who falter in the deceptive lure
bother not with keeping things pure.
Guilty and gullible with nary refrain
never enjoying the soft-spoken rain.

Dance in the sun, let its fingers drizzle ~
your body is sculpted by its gentle chisel.
Allow it to shape and mold your being,
relish our God and all things you’re seeing.


authors note: My how my writing has grown!

No comments: