Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My 1000th Post!!!

 (pic from the internet)
Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone. ~G.B. Stern


A smorgasbord of words!


Okay, many colorful imaginary balloons have been set free to the sky, an unending beautiful array of fireworks are going off, a ten foot cake and every flavor of ice cream abounds, this is my 1000th post!!!


My very first blog post was in 2005 at which time I was not really diving into my writing yet. I had no idea where I was going to go with my blog and it looks like 2006 and 2007 were left alone for me to figure out things, ie: goals, what I wanted to achieve with my blog and new learning curves.


It wasn’t until 2008 that I found my niche and decided it would become a blog on writing! At first my intentions with the blog was to be one voice among many on the distasteful upheaval of a society gone mad. (a few of the ’06 and ’07 posts were deleted) But as I got deeper and deeper into my writing, I knew that my One Voice would become one of many in the writing world.

The rugged path was laid and five years later my blog has a life of its own and people find my words comforting and insightful, in a world of blur and chaos. I’ve watched as followers added up, new sites were added in the field of writing, friends have come and some friends have gone, but at this juncture, all is right with the writing world.

I have written about editors and publishers, publishing and plagiarism (been plagiarized), all the way down to adverbs and adjectives, plot and structure, to forming a story. Yesiree, it’s all in this blog and a five-year span!


A lot has happened in these seven years, from 2005-2012. I have seen, heard, listened, taught and brought you many aspects of the writing world. And as I write this, I know many more insights will be shared as I go on in my writing journey.

I’ve given you my poetry – via Poetry Sundays (what a perfect day to share my inner musings) and I’ve shared quotations via Quotation Saturday that I feel just might be the words that you, my reader, needs to hear/read wherever it is you are on this wondrous journey called life. I’ve posted 99.9% of my very own (and beaus) pictures that were taken back in my days in Texas, and some are from here in Nebraska. But this blog has been and always will be me sharing the journey that I’m on, whether in writing or in life.

You have walked this uncharted road along with me. I’ve made new and long lasting friends, and have lost a few along the way. You’ve read my highs and my lows; we’ve laughed, we cried, we have learned right from wrong. I’ve even shared scripture that is pertinent to MY being and you’ve stayed without judgment! What awesome people I’ve surrounded myself with!

Not many people comment and a few have passed by. My regulars like Alyssa, Sue, Von, June, Benning and Stormcrow (among others) haven’t been seen in a while and a few new folks who comment while visiting is Beth and sometimes Sandy, Tom and Deb. But all is okay! While I don’t post for comments, they’re nice to have; I post mainly for YOU, my reader!

As I continue down the warbled road that is laid before me, I will continue to do my best in sharing with you my musings, a smorgasbord of words!

Join me for the next 1000 posts, won’t you??? I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making One Voice…a place that YOU turn to! Thank you!

As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world. ~Terri Guillemets



8 comments:

Thom DeLange said...

Hello Joni. We don't get to chat much these days.

1000, what an accomplishment, congratulations on your success and accomplishments you have achieved thus far.

Looking forward to your continued success.

Thom

joni said...

Thanks Thom!
It has been a wild journey, but one I wouldn't change for the world!
Thanks for your support and friendship! :)

Tiggs said...

WHOO HOOO! 1000 posts--not sure I will ever get there--Have actually start using my blog to do that I suppose :)

Never stop writing Joni, Although I don't always comment, I am always reading. And yes, it is often what I need to hear or know.

Have a great and blessed day.

Tiggs

joni said...

Thank you so much Tigs! Your support means the world to me! Writing friends stick together, that's what it's all about!

Thanks for reading and commenting!!! :D You made my day.

M. SUE said...

Hi Joni~
Congratulations on reaching such a pinnacle in being a down-to-earth teacher to aspiring authors and/or those of us who simply enjoy writing for the art of telling stories non-professionally, yet well-done.
I found you and Write Right through a Google search (could it already be?) two years ago. Our friendship has developed at such a rate as can be explained only as being that of kindred spirits for which I am most thankful.
I have learned from your teaching and have great appreciation for your stick-to-itiveness in the face of many difficulties that I have watched make you grow stronger, like the tree that bows to the harsh winds but doesn't break. Next time, it doesn't have to bow so far because of the strength it has gained.
Keep on sharing and growing, Joni. It looks good on you!
Sending love along with smiles~
"Auntie" Sue

joni said...

Thank you Auntie Sue!
It seems like we've been friends forever, yet we met on a blog. Who knew that such spirited friends could be found here? :)

Thank you for following me, commenting and being my biggest fan and supporter.

1000 more posts! Coming right up! :)

~love~
Joni

Steven said...

Congratulations honey! :*

joni said...

Thanks baby! :)