Sunday, April 07, 2013

Poetry Sunday ~ Soul Storm

~ Soul Storm ~

Beyond the tempest storm I see
a rainbow waiting there for me
clouds they merge then pass me by
my eye always on the erupting sky.

The storm boils over without warning
lasting through the mumbled morning
I wait with hope for the sun to win
against this beast the angry kin.

He gnaws and gnashes, biting trees
he shreds the land then heads for seas
Finding joy in causing  pain
Unleashing torrential slashing rain

I think destruction is its friend
he takes away the ability to mend.
But does he know you have more power
within your grasp through every hour?

The more he taunts and tries to break
the more you seek the rainbows wake.
You know its there; it’s in your view,
holding hope and all that’s true.

The rays burst out of the hidden shell
erasing the storms evil spell.
the arc of promise rears its head
the rainbow shows your faith’s been fed.

No comments: