Sunday, July 14, 2013

Poetry Sunday ~ Disillusion



Ps. 109:29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.



Disillusion

 ***

You say you love

but do not know

the meaning of the word.

you say you care but can not bear

all things that you have heard.



You say you need

but do you know

the necessity of your own

you say you want

all things they haunt

and never make a home.



You say you see

all of me

but do you really know.

the depth and breadth

of my soul, to no one

will I show!



You try to beguile

this is true,

you are not what you seem.

You give you take

the heart of me

but will not dim my beam.



A ray of light

shines forth from me

no longer a part of the fusion.

I walked away to

a brighter day as

you wallow in disillusion.

No comments: