Sunday, August 17, 2014

Poetry Sunday ~ Fiery Pit

Isa. 13: 8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

Fiery Pit

Alone in the fiery pit
No one near to see
Flames licking at my side
The walls that smother me.

Heavy eyes raised to glance
The yellow, orange and blue
Holding me within its grasp
Feet cling to the floor of glue.

I cannot move; no hands reach out
I’m caught in the raging flare
The sound is all but deafening
In its race to singe my hair.

Is this a dream I can’t wake from
The abyss alarmingly real
My limbs are numb as the blaze erupts
There’s nothing for me to feel.

Why do people pass right by
Not hearing the harrowing screams;
Is a smile enough to make them think
All’s normal or so it seems?

Alone am I in the fiery pit
While people are blind to the pain
They’ll live the fantasy that all is well
As I dance in the fan-flamed rain.

Move on you sleeping nation
Your hypocrisy is wearing thin.
Pretending to care and moving on
As I peel my melting skin.
 
 

No comments: