Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Brush with Death


Job 15:30  He shall not depart out of darkness; the flame shall dry up his branches, and by the breath of his mouth shall he go away.

A Brush with Death

I kissed the lips of death
The taste of blood sublime
A doorway opened up to me
I feared my end of time.

Clutching with my fingers
The beating of my heart
Pounding out the echoes
The pain in me to part.

Embrace the taste of death
Like lovers on the grass
Pray for God’s own mercy
As the pain will surely pass.

I look to a second chance
One that I won’t blow
I’ll take the time allotted me
And soon you’ll see me grow.

No more darkened journey
Behold my Light-filled path.
Taking tiny steps by day
No longer filled with wrath.

I heard the angels calling
I kissed the lips of death.
I’ll heed the Word of my Lord
As I take just one last breath.

Job 12:10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

No comments: