Sunday, June 28, 2015

Poetry Sunday ~ Unity


Gen. 9: 13 “I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.”

Unity

In the midst of beauty lies
Darkness gathered round
I heard it in the stillness there
Uncertainty with a sound

Join the voices calling out
Be one with God and man
In the stirrings of the heart
The Light to which I stand

The rainbows arc dances loud
Across the sunlit sky
In the back a darkened shroud
I hear the people cry.

Rain explodes from the span
Puddles form from drops
Divided in a darkened sky
A rainbow then erupts.

One color never shines alone
They join to cast a bow
A shower of solidarity
Men and women wish to know.

Only God can be the judge
Of man and earthly sin
The rainbow is a promise
Of the flood we’ll never win.

Gen. 9:16 “And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.”
 
 
 

No comments: