Sunday, June 17, 2012

Poetry Sunday ~ Lighthouse of My Life

Job 29:3 When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
 
The Lighthouse of My Life
***
There comes a time in ones life
that changes do occur.
One foot in front of the other
we tread as life's a blur.

We turn to strength and guided hands
to show us where to roam.
We look to our father for his armor
our haven; a stable home.

He stands in the shadow of silence
giving advice when we seek.
He lends to us a pillar;
a beacon when we are weak.

On the shore of stormy oceans
his kids all out at sea.
The lighthouse of my youthful years
was all he gave to me.

He gave me courage to stand afoot,
to be strong when seas were rough.
To ride the ebb and flow of life,
while always remaining tough.

At times when tears begin to flow,
to him I would never bother.
I'll stand ashore and see the gleam,
of the eyes of my loving father.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love my daddy so much.. I will rewrite these words into a post card and send him. I think he will be glad.
Black Women Dating