Thursday, June 30, 2011

How Do I Love Thee...

Heb. 2: 4God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?


***
I’m a writer and let me tell you a little something about writers, we are passionate people through and through. Even in our relationships we don’t ‘just love’, we love passionately. And please understand, I don’t mean sexual people who devour one another, I mean we love, heart and soul, passionately.

Passionate defined:
1. having, compelled by, or ruled by intense emotion or strong feeling; fervid:
2. expressing, showing, or marked by intense or strong feeling; emotional:
3. intense or vehement, as emotions or feelings: passionate grief.
4. easily moved to anger; quick-tempered; irascible.
 

There was another definition that said something about arousing sensual something or other, but these definitions fit more with what I’m talking about here.
 

When I sit down at the keyboard and think of something to write, sometimes it just flows like the river Jordan, smooth and blessed; while other times I’m sitting here writing about things that don’t even pertain to writing, so that gets quickly put into my journal.

I’ve been blessed to be able to love passionately. A lot of people go through life and never really know what it is to truly love. Take for example a relationship I was in for 20 years of my life. It was a marriage, but it was a marriage of pity. I pitied the man who was abused, unloved, or loved in an odd sort of way. Lies were the norm as it was his way of expressing the passion that he learned all his life. He didn’t know trust and when there is no trust, there is no love buried within.

I passionately sought out writing as I moved passed the emotion of pity. Eight years away and the man could still draw pity from me, but now I feel something I didn’t know was in me, number four up there. 4 > easily moved to anger; quick-tempered; irascible.

Yup that’s it. I’m passionate through and through, even when moved to anger. Here, my writing is no longer frowned upon. That is what I believed for twenty years, that writing was to be done on paper, computers were evil, and internet ‘friends’ spawned from the pits of hell. All lies that I was led to believe, until the good Lord above whisked me away from that hell and showed me that there was a life out here waiting for me to become passionate about.

You see, God created me to be this passionate woman, and when I wasn’t adhering to what gifts He blessed me with, He placed me in an environment, where my writing, my friends and my passion would be embraced.

I’m a stronger woman for all my struggles, a better writer who is loved and appreciated and I am truly blessed.

If you’re not a passionate person...then maybe writing isn’t for you.

***
Acts 14: 15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

No comments: