Sunday, October 28, 2012

Poetry Sunday ~ I Am



Ps. 51: 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
***
I Am…

I am but a flower dancing in the sun
protected by light since my life begun.
I am but a flower blowing in the warm breeze
safely sheltered by the low hanging trees.

I am but a flower with a purpose in life
I grow and learn through trials and strife.
I am but a flower planted firmly in soil
too much water and my roots will spoil.

I am but a flower please understand;
my duty in life is to beautify land.
I can not be plucked and placed where one needs
I have to grow to nurture my seeds.

I’m am but a flower reaching up to the sky
some days I wilt and never know why.
I need some nourishment to replenish my soul
to make this flower feel beautifully whole.

I am but a flower rained on from above
given to life by my mother’s true love.
Although as I grow I have high ambition,
Remember this rose has a sweet smelling mission.

No comments: