Sunday, October 06, 2013

Poetry Sunday ~ Unattended



Prov. 21: 16 The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.

My heart is unattended
I want to thank you all
For each having your own part
In allowing me to fall.

The whispers loud as thunder
The secrets a knife in the back
Silent thoughts that aren’t shared
the intimacy you lack.

Non-communication spills
the words across the floor
like marbles loose to wander
right out the open door.

I feel like I am poison
a venom to your soul,
I compromise your journey
as a constant nagging stroll.

I cannot remain in last place
when all others come ahead.
Lies become your fortress
With secrets you imbed.

Is this the life I see for myself
what happened til death do us part?
I saw my soul melt in your eyes
On the day you stole my heart.

I stand here unattended
Can someone here my cries.
Sweep me off the floor again
I’ll drink of all your lies.
 
 

No comments: