Sunday, May 18, 2014

Poetry Sunday ~ My Graduate


Ex. 40: 36And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys:

My Graduate
2014

Out of my womb, placed in my arms
Not yet touched by worldly charms.
I counted ten fingers then ten toes
Traced your lips, then tapped your nose.

I saw in you complete perfection
I cradled you with motherly affection.
I watched you as you began to walk
Loved when you babbled thinking it talk.

I tended your journey as you strode
Lending you strength with every load.
I gave you love and watched you grow
I did all I could, just so you know.

Today is the day I hold pride in my hand
You get your diploma and there you’ll stand.
A flip of the tassel, to the future you’ll stroll
Taking on life and your new manly roll.

Go with God always letting Him guide
Forever I’m here for you to confide.
My work in you now seems complete
March to life’s drum, your very own beat!

Congratulations Adam on a job well done!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pride shines through Joni and rightly so. What a beautiful tribute from mother to son <3

joni said...

Thanks Liz. I was and still am wearing my smile! :D

It was a GREAT day!