Sunday, October 30, 2016

Poetry Sunday ~ Memory Lane

4 Ezra 4:40 (Hebrew bible) “And I took it, and drank: and when I had drunk of it, my heart uttered understanding, and wisdom grew in my breast, for my spirit strengthened my memory:”

Memory Lane

Strolling down memory lane
I peel the years away
It’s all I can do to find the pain
And heal the years at bay

I remember childhood wonders
And how they came to being
With all the plights and plunders
Is what my mind is seeing

Reeling from the hurt-filled past
A life that no one knew
Into years my rod was cast
The good ones were but few

With all the bad that shaped me
The good was carved in stone
A haunted past I had to flee
My choice to stand alone.

A home in God is what I found
As truth and Light felt right
By days of old I’ll not be bound
I’ll soar the star-filled night.


No comments: