Sunday, November 11, 2018

Poetry Sunday ~ Time is Short

John 16:32 "Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me."

Time is Short...

Time is so short life is so sweet
There is no reason to repost a repeat
Over and over the same old stink
Missing kids, adults, dogs on the brink.

Political banter of who’s right and wrong
Hatred spread for far too long.
Claiming to love country and fellow man
Proudly boasting from where you stand.

I sometimes look and feel great shame
There’s no sign of God and love you claim
The social realm is for you to stand tall
Making life look like you have it all.

Why not spread truth, a message convey
Not the sinister life of a hypocrites day
God has a story for you to share
If only you’d take the time to care

Time is so short and life is so sweet
Nature subdued and health incomplete
The media has blurred the beauty within
Whitewashed all truth and amplified sin.



2 comments:

benning said...

Very nice, Joni! :D

Feeling inspired to write? Feeling better>

*Hugs!* *HEAL!!*

joni said...

Thanks, Ben! I'm always inspired to write. It's just I need the rest of my body to play along, which it doesn't always listen! Hmmph.

Am feeling a lot better. <3

*BIG HUGS*