Thursday, January 03, 2019

January Third - Change

Rom. 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”

January 3rd, 2019

“Make a POSITIVE change in the world by changing YOU first.” Joni

I’m full of these quotes. I think I’ll put together a book of quotes that are solely mine or should I say soulfully mine! I thought with the new year I’d see a change in people. I dunno, I think I expect people to realize the minute things in life like I do and sometimes they can’t even grasp the big things. I have to shake my head, I’ll pray in hopes I’ll see SOME change this year in others, not just myself. 

Change is hard stuff, I know. It’s not to be all puffed up in words, change is about taking action to move! How many people make new year’s resolutions, only to set themselves up for failure. How good that must feel when people tell themselves what a failure they are because they couldn’t change ONE thing. I never make resolutions and I never ay I'm going to do something and not do it, what a letdown. Stress-free living is not about letdowns.

Today the dismantling of Christmas took place. With the absence of Adam, this Christmas decorating and tearing down had a new back-breaking meaning! Talk about change! My son is now at his own place making his own rules and doing his own thing, while we had to accept the change and do things a little differently this Christmas.

Last night, I took all the ornaments off of the tree and boxed them up, readied them for the basement. I didn’t overdo it because I was sitting in my wheelchair and hubby placed everything on a small tv table so I had easy access to wrap and box the tree ornaments. He would do the tree and lights while I would do the other ornaments, mainly my snowmen! 

On this day, the tree came tumbling down so to speak, and we had the house looking like its old self in no time. I even had time to take a shower. Ah, the beloved shower that I missed for well over thirty days! Don’t get me wrong, I used the old-fashioned bucket and rag to bathe but it certainly is not the same as cleansing the whole body shower! 

We are now finding peaceful common ground. He is relaxing in taking care of my every need, and I am finding a sense of peace in being able to care more for myself. I have new freedoms in washing, and cleaning and do the Suzie Homemaker jobs that I LOVED before my accident. It was a stress-free Christmas and a relaxing calendar change, so much so my blog became a memory for a spell. I need to get back to telling my story but wanted some fill-ins for the New Year! 

The New Year - a blank page for you to write in every day to make a CHANGE! Change is free, not easy but free! Find the freedom in CHANGE! 



5 comments:

Von Rupert said...

Oh Joni, your journey has been full of challenges over the past six months. I'm so sorry about the passing of your dog and about the pain and anguish you've suffered. Praying for your continued healing in the new year. I've been off Facebook and most other computer sites since sometime last summer, so did not know what you've been going through. (((HUGS)))--gentle ones. You are strong and you are determined and God is holding you. You've been in my prayers and will continue to be. ♥

joni said...

Von! It is so good to read you. I pray you are well. You ARE missed!

I am healing ever so slowly but every day I get a little closer to being able to just take my walks again!

If it were not for the prayers, I don't believe I'd be as far as I am. The power of prayer is everything to me. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and don't worry, you're not missing nothing on Facebook except drama. Spare yourself.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! <3

*BIG HUGS*

benning said...

Taking down the tree was always the worst. I like the idea one fellow had. He'd just wrap it in plastic. :D

*HUGS!*

joni said...

I suggested to hubby that since the year went by so quick, let's just leave it up, Christmas is right around the corner. lol

benning said...

Hah! :D