Sunday, January 13, 2019

Poetry Sunday: God's Healing Touch

Pss. 45:1 “My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.”

Shimmering reflections of pain I feel 
Lost in fragments I needed to heal
A mending touch if truth be known
Is in His fingers pressing stone.

By chance, my aches towered then crashed
A mighty sword by flames were dashed
Slicing through with torments rage
Remnants bound in an open cage.

Not being confined by a limited view
My heart beheld all that was true
The night sky opened gems bedazzled
Made whole of me the frail and frazzled.

Armed with faith my body to restore
The strength therein the open door
No longer doomed by fate I’m driven
With all the tools that God has given.

I was blinded by mortal shame
And only had myself to blame 
Shaving off my arrogant pride
Unearthed the healing deep inside.

Once I freed confined vanity
Not veiled behind bent sanity
I relieved myself of the crutch
Bare I found God’s healing touch.

Job 37:23 “Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict.”


2 comments:

benning said...

Nice! :D

"frazzled", huh? I seem to get that way upon wakening. Each danged day! Hmmmph! >:(

*HUGS!* :D <3

joni said...

Be grateful you waken! :D

Thanks, Ben!

*HUGS* <3