Saturday, January 19, 2019

Closing Up Shop...Soon!

Gen 2: 2 “And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.”

Some of you might or might not care but I am closing up my blog for a while. I have given you ample time to read my story, learn from all I’ve shown you and time to benefit from my hard work and research. I have not fiddled around once, I’ve given you my heart, my soul, and my truth. It’s time for me to rest, but not really rest.

Some will say for me to leave my blog open so others can learn from it, but honestly, if you’re not from my inner circle, you can read it when my story hits the bookshelves. If you’re from my inner circle then you should be fully aware of my story, my stance, and my advice. As for total strangers reading and gleaning from my words? They’ve had their chance and five to ten hits a day doesn’t warrant an open blog.

My Spiritually Family knows who they are! Daily or occasionally my link will slink up their newsfeed and they’ll click and read or roll and scroll. I’m okay with that because I am at peace with the timeframe of all that has happened, from diagnosis, to fracture, to healing to HOME. When all is said and done, it’s time to write and put together my story! I have nothing against self-publishing but I’d like to go a different route if possible. I don’t know, we’ll have to see where God leads me. And no, I'm not in a hurry, I'm going where God leads, not where man or the old selfish me wants to take me.

God’s not done with me by a longshot. He now wants me to focus on me; my writing, querying, my publication. As a writer you know the rules, my work cannot be anywhere on the net. Even as an unseen personal blog my works, my words, my strategy, and my end game are already out here for the world to see, as such, it is considered published work.  And yes, I’ve done my homework on that too, it cannot be already published and I am willing to give publisher's publishing rights to my work.

If you’re reading this now, know, you are my family, my friends, my supporters and followers who have watched me grow in writing and in life. Now I am going out into the fields of life to see what is out there waiting for me to blossom. Wish me Godspeed because I am once again, following where He is leading.

I will NOT cease to exist out here, I am going to become a somewhat reclusive writer who peeks out and checks on everyone from afar. You’re my inspiration, so I need to see what motivates you and keeps you going. My writing friends will KNOW where to find me, where this honing of my writing skill all began! 

My Spiritual Friends will spot a post or two from me on Facebook. I’m not going anywhere I’m just letting you know which way my writing is heading. If nothing pans out and I give up the ‘old let's get published’ game, I’ll let you know, but I think one thing you have all learned from me is, Joni never gives up!!! 

I wish I could thank you all by name but I can’t because each and every one of you hold a special place in my heart and life. If you click like on this post, I thank you, you’re the real people that keep me motivated every single day. If you like a post on my progress, you’re my growing Spiritual Family who really does care how I am doing. If you don’t like this post and a month down the line you wonder where my blog is, I’ll pray for you, you need more light in your life, I’ll pray! If you post a comment then delete it thinking I didn’t see it, I saw it, and now wonder. I pray for you.  God was out here performing a miracle and you missed the beauty of it all.

Maybe I’ll be inclined to start a NEW blog… a new adventure, whatever the case may be I’ll still be around, alive and the woman you’ve all grown to love. May you all find the truth I’ve shown you. God is alive and still in the business of seeing miracles through. May you all learn to understand HIS time and not selfishly of your own time. Patience IS a virtue. I’m living proof that the diagnosis of cancer is NOT a death sentence! Trust, faith, and patience! 


God Bless you and me on the journey of a lifetime! 

Angel Always... Godspeed! 

5 comments:

NurseArtist said...

Joni, while I will miss your blog, I support your goals 100%. You are a very brave and inspirational lady, and I wish you every success in the future. I will look forward to reading any facebook posts, emails, or other communication you share. You have many friends who love and support you and your family.

Please keep us updated on your health now and then. And I'll see you in WVU.

God bless you.

Dixie

joni said...

Thank you so much, Dixie!

I know that this journey is far from over and this is just a new leg of the journey (no pun intended, new leg, my healing femur)lol I just know God is telling me not to give up and keep moving on and bring to the world all I've learned.

I have my illness journey novel to work on, my spiritual fictional novel and my poetry so I'll be pretty busy, and yes, WVU will be an asset, as always! My blog is my healing tool. :) It might not be visible but my healing posts will continue even if for my eyes only. This blog has meant too much so me!

Thank you for being on the journey with me and know, neither of our journeys is nearly close to being over, just a stepping stone on the path!

God Bless you, Dixie!

benning said...

"Joni, the Hermit Writer" .... Well, I've seen better titles ....

I expect to see drafts now and then, Toots! And no whining when your grammar is called into question! >:(

*HUGS!* <3 Heal On, Hermit Writer! Heal On!

Wheeee! <3

joni said...

Thanks Ben.

This blog WAS NOT for grammar perfection in no way! What I submit professionally will HAVE to be sent through the editing masses and grammar rigors, I'm a writer, I know that.

I have too much writing sitting here that needs to be out there! Sitting on Facebook or writing my blog/journal is not getting me anywhere. lol

*HUGS*

Joni, not a hermit writer, a recluse tackling her years of writing! ;)

I need help formatting in WVU dang!

Donna Sundblad said...

Joni while I'll miss you here, I totally am so excited for your next step in this adventure we call life. I'll keep my eyes open for possible publishers.

Donna