Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Poetry ~ A Window to my Soul


The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and
beginning the work of becoming yourself. ~ Anna Quindlen

I hope I don’t come off as standing on a pedestal because truly that is not my intention. My intention is for you to see through the window, the real me. Nothing fake or artificial about me, I am me. I am a sinner among you, just as we all are. I strive daily to live an upstanding and morally grounded life and poetry has kept me grounded all of my life.

When I cry, I write. When I’m pained I turn to the pen. When I’m ecstatic about life, I rejoice and share with anyone who will listen. With the blog change has come many epiphanies.

Poetry is music to my soul, melody to my heart, a rhythm to my being! It keeps me sane in an insane world! If I inundate you with poetry, know that you are looking in the window of my soul.

~ Music Divine ~

Divine is the dancing pirouette of sound.
Bathing in the luminosity of space.
A bastion of baubles blazing boldly.
Rhythm masking in the ticker-tape of time.
Reverberating in reverent chime.
Compliant to the composer of conceit.
Fastidious to the feasible feast.
Notorious notes nourish in sync.
Melody meets a measure combine...
Divine is the dancing ~~ pirouette of sound!
copyright ©Joni Zipp

No comments: