Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Valley


Job 21: 33 The clods of the valley shall be sweet unto him, and every man shall draw after him, as there are innumerable before him.

The Valley
*  *  *
I’m living in a valley
an emptiness in my soul.
A wicked web of deceit
through trust that you stole.

Lies are the breadcrumbs
I’m expected to gobble down.
The valley has an echo;
the hills they wear a frown.

Deep in the valley
too few have come to see.
It’s where I walk hand-in-hand
with my Savior beside me.

Alone I walk the valley
I shall never fear
for it is God who whispers
right in my very ear.

I’m told of all the beauty
that will come to be.
Left behind is the valley
as Heaven welcomes me.

Isa. 7: 19 And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all bushes.

Isa. 22: 5 For it is a day of trouble, and of treading down, and of perplexity by the Lord GOD of hosts in the valley of vision, breaking down the walls, and of crying to the mountains. [7] And it shall come to pass, that thy choicest valleys shall be full of chariots, and the horsemen shall set themselves in array at the gate.



No comments: