Sunday, August 24, 2008

Poetry Sunday~ A River of Tears~


A River of Tears....
All rights reserved: copyright © Joni Zipp




I cry a river of tears'

swim in the empty abode set before me.

My silence is echoed by a resounding stillness

rippling downstream in caution,

as if someone were to hear my pleas.

He stoops at the river’s edge,

cupping hands...

to scoop my tears.

Cleansing His face with my pain.

Feeling my dormant presence,

He wishes to heal...

a river of tears

that is ceaseless in its journey,

streaming down my face.

He remains...to bathe in me...

to caress my glory and bring about a peace
to this ever flowing

river of tears.

I raise my head to see the sun

beginning to warm

my wrinkled body

as He wraps His love around me.

I become one with the glorious light,

enshrouding my being; I dry ~~~

no longer crying

a river of tears.
All rights reserved: copyright © Joni Zipp

2 comments:

June said...

Hi Joni,

WOW! I love the image of the figure standing on the shore cupping the tears. WOW!

Take care,
June

Anonymous said...

Beautiful feeling. The first part is my favorite. It's funny how sometimes something sad can be beautiful. Maybe not beautiful, but a beautiful feeling of love.

Hugs,
-Susan (back!)