Sunday, July 24, 2011

Poetry Sunday ~ Abysmal Plight

All it takes is one bloom of hope to make a spiritual garden. ~Terri Guillemets
***
Abysmal Plight
***
Sweltering heat timely delay
no one has cared for me today.
Drowning in the leaves of the season,
festering boils all for a reason.

Peel my skin; scale back pain
leave me standing alone in the rain.
Pretend that you love me say you care
Your thoughts and presence are never there.

Once bitten twice shy
leave my soul to wither and die.
As I climb this mountain alone
No one to call me or ask me home.

Far away beyond your reach,
I scan the shores of eternity’s beach.
I am but a grain in the vast summer swell
I burn and churn in this created hell.

Can I be saved from this hungry disease
that torments and twists me to my knees.
The Light of the Lord can carry me far,
away from all things as worldly you are.

I can not partake I will not succumb
to this earthly crust that all have become.
I soar in the realm of spiritual bliss...
arms wide open the cosmos I kiss!
All rights reserved: copyright © Joni Zipp

2 comments:

benning said...

Wow! A lot of pain and yearning in those words, Joni. And God is there. :)

joni said...

Always has been, and always will be! :) My dear Father is the LIGHT at the end of every tunnel! Him and Him alone. :)