Sunday, July 03, 2011

Poetry Sunday ~ Peace

Psalm 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

Peace
***
PEACE spreads over me like
an intricate woven blanket
that puts my mind at ease.

HOPE cradles my soul
bringing to life the flame
that carries warmth to the world.

JOY is what I feel as the
synchronicity of being
becomes one in the glory.

LOVE is what absorbs
my being for the human
race that longs.

PRAYER envelops my words
not with wants or needs;
it plants the seeds...
of peace, hope, joy and love!

REJOICE in the everlasting
spiritual realm where we
one day will find...
PEACE.

***

I pray for the people who for one day can not find it in their hearts, buried there waiting, for to come to the surface, what’s called peace. Hatred spews more hatred, degradation brings about more degradation. Love your country, love your neighbor. We’re all in this world together, seeking...PEACE.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Hooray for peace!

joni said...

Here! Here! :)