Sunday, April 15, 2012

Poetry Sunday ~ My Mind's Eye

Job 8:16 He is green before the sun, and his branch shooteth forth in his garden.
My Minds Eye
***
In the garden of my mind,
I till, I hoe, but never find.
The beauty that I’ve planted there
the seeds all gone with deep despair.

In the memories I can see
little seeds gazing back at me.
All the ones I forgot to plant
I comb the land and begin a chant.

“Little seed it’s you I sow,
wake up and sing as you grow;
bursting from the dormant soil
may you bloom with little toil.”

Putting all the rows in order
around my mind the visions border.
Full of new things that I’m shown,
plants will thrive once fully grown.

The past is gone, no seeds to mend
new blossoms in my soul I’ll tend.
Forgetting all that's gone before
My new year holds an open door.

Out with the old; in with the new
all the threads that I hold true.
My God is alive and all will see,
fruits of my garden, shine through me!

3 comments:

Steven said...

I like it! Good job!

joni said...

Aww thanks, honey!
It's good getting A comment. :)

ODE said...

Nice! Carefully crafted poem.