Saturday, November 24, 2012

Quotation Saturday



 The Light of the World

“We must become so alone, so utterly alone, that we withdraw into our innermost self. It is a way of bitter suffering. But then our solitude is overcome, we are no longer alone, for we find that our innermost self is the spirit, that it is God, the indivisible. And suddenly we find ourselves in the midst of the world, yet undisturbed by its multiplicity, for our innermost soul we know ourselves to be one with all being.”
~ Hermann Hesse

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.”
~Albert Einstein

 “I consider myself a stained-glass window. And this is how I live my life. Closing no doors and covering no windows; I am the multi-colored glass with light filtering through me, in many different shades. Allowing light to shed and fall into many many hues. My job is not to direct anything, but only to filter into many colors. My answer is destiny and my guide is joy. And there you have me.”
~ C. JoyBell C.


Taking Christ out of Christmas


In recent years I’ve noticed more and more people taking Christ OUT of their lives than they are putting Him IN their lives. I can almost understand people saying it is ‘offensive’ to them when I wish them a ‘Merry Christmas’ when they don’t believe in Christ, and I’m not about offending. “Merry Day”, I’ll say, because isn’t holiday really saying Merry HOLYday? So we better not offend if no one thinks of it as a holy day.

Lam. 3: 44 Thou hast covered thyself with a cloud, that our prayer should not pass through.

But you know what, you don’t care about offending me with your ‘happy thoughts’ and ‘wishes’  and ‘good luck’ malarkey, are you? When a person is asking for PRAYER they want and NEED prayer, not happy thoughts, luck and positive thoughts, sent your way. They believe in prayer and it is disrespectful to them when you send them ‘positive thoughts’. Do you care? Of course not, as long as you’re firm in your happy thoughts and positive thinking, you’re good.

Job 22: 27 Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.

I even see Christian friends, treading on egg shells when it comes to saying the words, “I’ll pray for you,” or “sending prayers and positive thoughts to you” Is that too hard? Do you fear, FEAR sending someone prayer? I would think that sending prayer to the non- believer would be impertinent to your faith, sending prayer has been done since the beginning of time.

Job 15:4 Yea, thou castest off fear, and restrainest prayer before God.

“Do not allow yourself to be blinded by fear and anger. Everything is only as it is.”
~ Yuki Urushibara

Then there is the ‘Darkened Thursday’ leading into ‘Black Friday’, it’s as if we just want to be done with THANKSgiving altogether, and run right into the shopping buying spree of the X-mas holiday. I say X-mas, because I’m saddened to see Christmas turn into a sham of a Holyday!

“There is a light in this world, a healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter. We sometimes lose sight of this force when there is suffering, too much pain. Then suddenly, the spirit will emerge through the lives of ordinary people who hear a call and answer in extraordinary ways.”
~ Mother Teresa

I’ve been hearing a lot about 12-21-12 here lately. Had to look that one up and see what all the non-pray-ers and happy thought people were in a tissy-fit for. I see that is the day that the Mayan Calendar is coming to an end. So what does that mean? It means to me that Satan is at work distracting us once again. Quite a few have mistaken the true meaning, and are all in a chaotic state of believing the world will end. But hold on to your horses, the world will NOT end, just because an ancient Mayan Calendar ends.

Ps. 22 :27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

If you did any research into the Mayan calendar, you’d see that it just meant that there would be a spiritual renewal, not much unlike the Holy Bible teaches throughout time. No man will know when the end time will come, so please don’t throw yourself into the belief that the world is going to end on December 21, 2012. To some, it is just the beginning, of a new era, a new dawn, and a new spiritual awareness. You might feel it, I might feel it and anyone who is consciously aware of the spirit, Holy Spirit, anything spiritual, might FEEL it. (*might- not set in stone)

Those who believe in nothing will FEEL nothing. (my opinion, which I’m entitled to.)

I am so thankful sometimes I smile outloud, and as hard and long as you might try you could not break my spirit.”
~ Nirrimi Joy Hakanson

“The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that its center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.”
~ Black Elk

“A man’s spirit is free, but his pride binds him with chains of suffocation in a prison of his own insecurities”
~ Jeremy Aldana

“I live for those who love me, for those who know me true; for the heaven that smiles above me and awaits my spirit too. For the cause that lacks assistance, for the wrong that needs resistance, for the future in the distance, and the good that I can do.”
~ George Linnaeus Banks

No comments: