Sunday, August 28, 2016

Poetry Sunday ~ My Talent

Matt. 25:15 “And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.”

* ~ * My Talent * ~ *

God asked me to use the talents
That He has blessed me with
The sharing of the Word I hear
The truth and not a myth.

I sent the Word into the world
A message delivered to me
It was a ripple on the lake
For all the world to see.

The words they entered in my ear
And out of my fingers bled
My gift of writing words to you
Is where my soul was led.

God was pleased when he saw
My talent not gone to waste
The gentle words about His Son
I fed the world a taste.

Some people sit idly by
Saving earthly treasures
Their talents, gifts and so much more
With all their worldly pleasures.

Rise up you sleeping people
For the new world that awaits
The life that’s left behind you
As you enter heaven’s gates.


Matt. 25:23 “His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.”

No comments: