Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Winter Peace


1 Cor. 16:6 And it may be that I will abide, yea, and winter with you, that ye may bring me on my journey whithersoever I go.


Winter Peace

A blanket of snow covers the ground
for all of the world to see.
I relish every moment
a flake falls down on me.

I see life through different eyes
while everyone is distracted.
Things slow down to a seconds pace
with many lives impacted.

The sounds are all amplified
through the overlay of snow.
Allowing you to hear the wind
breaking the trees bough.

People clothed in scarves and gloves
their boots protect their feet.
But often times people dress
for a fashionista retreat.

The multitude of masses
dress for outward show.
Would they dare robe themselves
for the God that we all know?

I don’t care for my skin to wrinkle
and wither from the sun.
I only care my actions please
the Great and Mighty One.

I’ll wear winter in my heart
All throughout the year.
And fill every single day
With the peace of Christmas cheer!


Job 13: 5 O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.


No comments: