Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Color me weird


Ruth 2: 10 Then she fell on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger?

When I wake in the morning and my feet touch the floor, I thank the Lord for allowing me this given day. As I saunter in to make my coffee, words of praise form in my head and I begin humming a praise tune.

When I take my dog out in the chill of the morning while the sky is alight with a full moon, I praise Him for all He has created. I see Him in the stars, the moon, the universe and thank Him for creating me.

I await my coffee to end its brewing time. I sit at my computer and begin prayers for those in need. I have never been short on prayer because each time my windowed world opens, there sits someone in need of prayer. I pray.

With a warm cup in my hands I sit and share love and praise and thank Him for placing the right people at the right time in my life. There is never a shortage of prayer needs. Even when people seem to be smiling and laughing it up, my mind hones in on them and I pray. For behind a smile is a heart; a heart that is in need of prayer as much as anyone else.

In my travels throughout the day, if someone cuts me off in traffic, I raise my hand and say, “I’ll pray for you” because I know in my heart that that person is in such a hurry and has so much on his/her mind they might forget that God is in control. They need prayer not a cursing too.

While shopping in the hustle and bustle of the season, I see people nickel-and-diming it to make ends meet and possibly trying to have a good Christmas. I pray for them while standing at the checkout. Color me weird.

People color me weird because I can’t take my eyes off of God. Sure I have bad moments, yes I hurt and get angry, I’m human but in the midst of one of those instances, God is there reassuring me that He’s got this and that I’m loved and in that moment I’m comforted.

The very essence of being a Christian is not taking your eyes off of God; even when you’re scrounging to pay the heating bill. Even when life is so hard it doesn’t have the color of richness that makes you want to go on. That is when you need God the most to carry you.

Christmas is the season where satan rears his tentacles and tries with everything he has to reach people; to make them feel unworthy, unappreciated, unloved and most of all not able to reach God. It is in these moments that God reaches in effortlessly and gets you through a season for man. Believers and unbelievers alike feel His presence. They might see it in the beauty of nature, they might feel it in a hug or warm well-wishers hand, but they FEEL God touching of them.

Pss. 44: 20 If we have forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange god;

As church seats fill up during the Christmas season, more and more come to know the Glory of the Lord and for this reason God has allowed man to celebrate the birth of His Son on December 25th. When the season ends, people go back to the same old same old pagan traditions and forget what it was that touched them during the Christmas season.

Some will cling to that feeling like a snow-blanket hugging the ground. They will rise every morning thanking Him for yet another glorious day to be alive. They will begin each day in praise and worship and end the day in prayer and thankfulness. And people everywhere will…color them weird. I bow my head and pray!

Pss.69: 8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

Luke 1: 64 And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God.


No comments: