Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Letting Go ~ To Astri and Christopher

Matthew 18:10 ESV “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.”

Letting Go

They say my wounds are open
That I must set you free
If I am ever to heal myself 
Of this illness now in me

I loved you and your brother
You left me here alone
So many years I cried for you
Although you’re not my own.

They say this cut is pretty deep
That it could halt my healing
I need to find a peace within
So yearly I’m not reeling.

I need to let God do His job
His need for you was great.
I'm worthy and I’m honored 
To give Him all the weight.

I release you to the heavens
Where I cannot come as yet
God still has some work for me 
As your place, I can’t forget.

Go now little children
Let your voice be heard
I give you to my Lord above
As the stars are being stirred.

I find a peace in knowing
That you’re in a better place
We all are being used now
As we’ve all been saved by grace!

I cannot shed pained tears for you
I know you didn’t die
You were with me but a moment
Before God gave you wings to fly.

Angel Always… Godspeed

God has blessed you both! 

Christopher Alexander (12-2-82) and Astri Celia (4-26 04)
My children who were STILL born!
Always loved and never forgotten


Galatians 1:15 ESV “But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace,”



3 comments:

Heather said...

A beautiful tribute. Healing sure is hard work. HUGS! Much love and prayers!

joni said...

Thank you, Heather. Even in my sleeping hours, I'm working on my healing. :)

Year after year I've written somber grief types of poems and this year I actually feel the release and relief. <3 They want what's best for their mom too. Clinging to them will not bring them back but loving them in their place will give me healing strength.

benning said...

*HUGS!* <3