Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Sounds of Christmas

1 Cor.14:7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?
***


The Sounds of Christmas

The year has been new and wrought with change
A blemish renewed a life rearranged
What I have, is sounds of my heart
they give me a stir with love to impart.

The lights draw dim no longer a pleasure
the music now holds the sounds that I treasure.
The presents they sit but who knows where
it’s as if my Christmas tree is bare.

The sounds of Christmas are what I have now
music,chimes,bells, the crackling bough.
The snow is cold, wet and a bore.
My eyes can’t see the white stuff no more!

The joy and laughter is what I’ll hold close,
the family around me with hugs I suppose.
The light will be bright right inside my being.
Until the day comes when I’m once again seeing!
***

author's comment: Did you ever hear the saying, "You don't know what you've got until it's gone?" Or something like that? I guess, just guessing here, that that is what it is like to lose your sight. You kind of appreciate the sounds more.

Merry Christmas to all!

3 comments:

Ro said...

Sounds, smells, touch. I feel Christmas most when I feel the chill in the air. During the summer, I feel the electricity of the storm in the air, the moisture on my skin, the cool breeze swirling through the heat. I think the hardest part for me has been not watching the storms. Even more so than not seeing Christmas. Christmas is more a feeling, the sites are just a bonus around Christmas, for me. But, I used to love watching the monsoons roll in, and I think that has been most devestating. Not to mention the fear involved with storms now haha. But I do enjoy going outside now to feel the approaching storm.

Steven said...

Thank you Joni. I love you!

June said...

Thank you so much, Joni, for reminding me what's important about the season, what's important about life.

Hugs,
June