Monday, March 18, 2013

A Revamp

This picture was taken at the early stages of my blog in 2006
All Rights Reserved

“I'd rather be caught holding up a bank than stealing so much as a two-word phrase from another writer.”
~ Jack Clifford Smith
***


Well friends, it is time for an official revamp once again. While no one will catch this anyway, you’ll see little change in each click of the posts.

While I have my friends ‘links’ on my page, I don’t see my link on their page. That’s sweet isn’t it? So I’ve decided to keep the ones that are ‘active’ and do away with the ones that might be using me to get hits from my page. In other words, no friends links will appear in the sidebar. Lol I'd prefer they stay, visit me and comment, but such is life, a writer's life.

It’s not only about the ‘friends’ links, it’s more about the active and useful links provided for writers. My purpose in this blog was to help writers and I think that is going to be my main focus.

I know my poetry and quotations are well liked, so I might find a new home for them, all together. A new blog? A separate page, just for poems and quotes? I’m not sure what I’m going to do, and I’ll try to make the transition as easy as possible, but know, I am the creator of my blog, MY TITLE NAME and it is within my creative control to do with it what I will.

I have met a lot of friends from my blogging. Some close and some not so close, but acquaintances none-the-less. I considered closing my blog down completely, but that wouldn’t be fair to the beginner writer who might use a lot of what I post to learn about writing.

I thought of giving up writing all together and embark on a new journey, but that is not an option either because that would be giving up my GOD GIVEN talent. It’s bad enough when we let ourselves down, but to let God down? No way momma!

So, in looking at my page, I see I need a serious revamp. In my eyes, I see too much clutter and not enough info! To you writer, I’m finding more info! To me, I’m finding some sanity.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Hey, hey you! My blondness is coming thru as I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT to link to your site from my site. I'll have to remedy that. Or have Tom, who built and manages my sites, remedy that, but it'll have to wait a while as he's dealing with his dad's health situation as you know.
I do need to come visit here more often as I really like what you've done with the place! Blog on, dear sistah!