Saturday, March 23, 2013

Quotation Saturday ~ Happy Birthday to ME!


Happy Birthday to ME!
~ ~ ~

“On this day I was born

Not yet ragged, not yet worn.

Like and endless fruitful sea.

I wish a HAPPY Birthday, to me!”

~ Joni Zipp



God asked me, “What would you like for your birthday? Health, Wealth, Joy, Happiness?” I replied, “Snow!” 
This morning I rose to, you guessed it, SNOW!

Thank you, Lord for finding me special!! Sorry Groundhog, you were wrong!

~Joni ~ who loves SNOW and Snowmen!



“Deep down I believe my year was a special year: it produced me.”
~ Ned Vizzini



“With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.”
~ William Shakespeare



“I grabbed a pile of dust, and holding it up, foolishly asked for as many birthdays as the grains of dust, I forgot to ask that they be years of youth. ”
~ Ovid



“The year you were born marks only your entry into the world. Other years where you prove your worth, they are the ones worth celebrating.”
~ Jarod Kintz



“There is still no cure for the common birthday.”
~ John Glenn



 “Jarod Kintz Day—it’s not just my birthday, but it should be a holiday that’s mandatory to celebrate, punishable by death if you don’t. It’ll be a holiday that honors freedom.
”
~ Jarod Kintz



“You were born, and with you endless possibilities - very few ever to be realized.  It's okay.  Life was never about what you could do, but what you would do. ”
~ Richelle E. Goodrich



“a happy birthday…
this evening, I sat by an open window
and read till the light was gone and the book
was no more than a part of the darkness.
I could easily have switched on a lamp,
but I wanted to ride the day down into night,
to sit alone, and smooth the unreadable page
with the pale gray ghost of my hand”
― Ted Kooser



The cake had a trick candle that wouldn't go out, so I didn't get my wish. Which was just that it would always be like this, that my life could be a party just for me.”
― Janet Fitch



AGING ~~  “Hey, it’s inevitable.”



“Most people don't grow up. Most people age. They find parking spaces, honor their credit cards, get married, have children, and call that maturity. What that is, is aging.”
~ Maya Angelou



“And the beauty of a woman, with passing years only grows!”
~ Audrey Hepburn



“Keeping up the appearance of having all your marbles is hard work, but important.”
~ Sara Gruen



“Spring passes and one remembers one's innocence.
Summer passes and one remembers one's exuberance.
Autumn passes and one remembers one's reverence.
Winter passes and one remembers one's perseverance.”
~ Yoko Ono



“When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I cannot remember any but the things that never happened. It is sad to go to pieces like this but we all have to do it.”
~ Mark Twain


“Prayer of an Anonymous Abbess:

Lord, thou knowest better than myself that I am growing older and will soon be old. Keep me from becoming too talkative, and especially from the unfortunate habit of thinking that I must say something on every subject and at every opportunity.

Release me from the idea that I must straighten out other peoples' affairs. With my immense treasure of experience and wisdom, it seems a pity not to let everybody partake of it. But thou knowest, Lord, that in the end I will need a few friends.

Keep me from the recital of endless details; give me wings to get to the point.

Grant me the patience to listen to the complaints of others; help me to endure them with charity. But seal my lips on my own aches and pains -- they increase with the increasing years and my inclination to recount them is also increasing.

I will not ask thee for improved memory, only for a little more humility and less self-assurance when my own memory doesn't agree with that of others. Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be wrong.

Keep me reasonably gentle. I do not have the ambition to become a saint -- it is so hard to live with some of them -- but a harsh old person is one of the devil's masterpieces.

Make me sympathetic without being sentimental, helpful but not bossy. Let me discover merits where I had not expected them, and talents in people whom I had not thought to possess any. And, Lord, give me the grace to tell them so.

Amen”
~ Margot Benary-Isbert

4 comments:

Mary Ascol said...

Happy Birthday!

joni said...

Thank you so much Mary!

A blessed day to you!

martureo77 said...

Happy late birthday! Hope you had a great one!

joni said...

I did!

Thank you Matthew.