Sunday, April 06, 2014

Lent: Day Thirty-three ~ Poetry Sunday ~ Spiritual Growth

John 7:38 (NIV) "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Spiritual Growth

Now has come the season
Where my soul tends to grow.
Like living waters inside me
My spiritual growth will flow.

The buds begin to surface,
The flower not yet seen
Until the sun has nurtured
From sleep what they can glean.

The trees will slowly waken
Arise from seasonal cold;
The buds will peak in numbers
Bringing forth the springtime gold.

My soul will drink in measure
The still waters from within.
My spirit churning back to life
The new season I now begin.

Take from me the darkness,
As my slumber is called to rise
Fill me with living water
For to shed my winter cries.

Behold, a new me emerges,
As a bud turns into a flower.
Washed over by the hand of God
I’m renewed by a spiritual shower.

Pss. 51: 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.



No comments: