Monday, April 21, 2014

The Wolves are Rising


Matt. 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves

The Wolves are Rising

We are living in a day and age where false teachers are rising in record number. We have the mega churches taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars on one Sunday and not using the money for the greater good of the church.

I can’t be sure what they’re using the funds for, but to see them dressed in $200 leather loafers, and a three-hundred dollar suit, drive off in their Mercedes, they are really giving off the aroma of smelly pulpit behavior.

Matt. 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Am I the only one seeing wolves in sheep clothing on the rise? Am I the only one that sees people flocking to false teachings like it was the bread of Christ being delivered by Himself right to their, what, computer? Television?

This is why I think it is important to attend a church, physically. By physically being present, physically seeking out the one that fits you, you will in turn become part of the fruits of the Spirit that Jesus was referring to. Otherwise you’re allowing yourself to become an unsound tree. By being that, you are more susceptible to false teachings. Every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit.

When you fall prey to a false teacher, you then pass on his/her information as if it were truth. You then allow yourself to be an open doorway of bearing bad fruit. If you are so wrapped up in knowing the age of the Earth; so enamored with the timeline of the universe; if you’re so fickle in knowing the lineage of Adam and the age of man, you are missing the entire point of the Holy Bible. You are losing sight of what God was trying to do. You are minimizing God extensively and putting your faith in a ravenous wolf.

Yesterday’s sermon brought it home for me. Pastor Dave spoke of the reality of the Crucifixion and Resurrection. Had hundreds of people not witnessed the resurrection, would Jesus’ life have carried any weight over two-thousand years? The same goes for the flood and the parting of the sea and the miracles Jesus performed. Had there been no witnesses to the FACT, would Jesus’ Word been able to be carried for so many years?

I hear today people say that the bible is a myth. Think about it, are they saying that thousands upon thousands of eyewitnesses are liars? Are they saying that the pastor standing in front of me is a part of this massive conspiracy to bring lies to man?  Has he been fooled along with millions of others?

The power of the resurrection brought about a reality. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all wrote what THEY had seen. Are these men just liars? Are they just a part of the grand myth? The Holy Bible has withstood the test of time, the very time that so many men are trying to put an actual timeline on. The Bible stands its ground and carries the weight of gold in the very words handed down from man to man.

1 Corinthians 15 says it all. If we as believers of the risen Christ believe in a myth then all of our steadfast faith is in vain? Yes wolves are running about wanting you to believe that your faith is in vain; that all you hold true is false; that the book you hold in your hand, called the Holy Bible, is full of false witnesses, lying scholars, who just wanted to hand down an elaborate fairytale for you to tell your children so that millions and millions of people would believe in this One God.

If believing in Christ makes me a liar, then so be it, I stand with millions who have fallen for the Glorious Risen King! I need no proof of the ages, no physical evidence of sediment, I need no visual papyrus and I need no physical proof to build my faith on.

While the wolves are out and about trying to give you this proof, they are taking money to build themselves up, build museums for you to come and see for yourself the artifacts that they have; or to build mega churches where you can give more money so they can have more nice things.

If you are following these wolves that are teaching false things or guiding you in an unsavory manner remember you are a part of the den of thieves that Jesus was referring to.

My Savior is ALIVE. He’s not dead, bound for dissection; He is ALIVE! And I have eternal life through Him. What do you have, cold hard facts? And that helps you sleep at night?  I have nothing against wolves as a species but I do have something against the false prophets in the bible. The men (wolves) are out to devour the sheep (the Christ followers.)

Awake you sleeping nation. While the atheists are trying to get you to believe that the Bible is a myth, Christians are coming out by the millions to testify and become a part of the witnessing that still continues to this day of a living God and a Risen Savior.

I would rather put my faith in eternity (spiritual), than something temporal (physical); eternal love, hope, joy and blessings versus sadness, sorrow, death and a cold hard coffin? Yeah, I choose CHRIST!

1 Cor. 15: 3-14 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.



4 comments:

benning said...

2 Peter 2:17 - 22 ~ These are wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.
While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage.
For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.
For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.
But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”


No, Joni, you aren't the only one who sees this. The Word foretold it, and we're living in it today.

*HUGS!* <3

joni said...

Just because the Word foretold it, doesn't mean everybody sees it.

I was just checking. ;)

Thanks for the comment. :D

joni said...

Since I don’t allow links in my comments, I had to copy/paste what Benning said:

“I was saddened to see the report of an Episcopalian church which spent 22,000 on a sculpture of a 'homeless Jesus'. Meant, the Minister claimed, as a lesson? They had 22K available and could think of nothing better nor more useful?

Yes, Jesus, it seems was homeless. Not because his mission made it impossible to 'have a home', but, I suppose, because of the heartlessness of humanity. He was also pro-gay marriage, a radical, pro-environmentalism, pro-union, and so on. Funny, but this radical was the most conservative, reactionary man who ever walked the earth. His 'beef' with the Pharisees was not the Law, as it was, but that they had abandoned the Spirit of that Law, and no longer looked to the Author of the Law.

Makes me shake my head, what supposed Christians are claiming as Christianity, these days. Most of it utterly divorced from the Scriptures. Guided, I believe, by men and women who are doing the work of Satan himself.”

*Hugs!* I hope yesterday was a good day for you, despite being a long one. <3

joni said...

Since I respect your opinion, I’ll allow the comment. The link brought up an ad immediately to DONATE and no, my blog is not an avenue for ads or links. (I delete all my anonymous links/spammers daily)

You said: “I was saddened to see the report of an Episcopalian church which spent 22,000 on a sculpture of a 'homeless Jesus'. Meant, the Minister claimed, as a lesson? They had 22K available and could think of nothing better nor more useful?”

I read the article and nowhere did it say the Church bought the sculpture with 22,000 dollars lying around. Instead, the article CLEARLY states: “The hollow, bronze piece bolted to the park bench is a $22,000 gift from a church member intended to support public art.”

GIFT to support public art.

In my opinion, (yes I have one too) lol I don’t feel Jesus was EVER homeless. Nature and God was His home. Did He own a physical building? Why would He? A man who was teaching against material obsessions owning a material possession? The ministry of Christ would have been deemed false teachings immediately.
Homeless to me is when a man or woman is starving, living on the street begging for food. Jesus did not have to beg for food, He was sustained. So no, He was NEVER a homeless man. When He wanted shelter, people willingly opened the door to the Savior.

Rom.8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

It seems to me, man is against man. He strives to find a way to hate and despise even just one thing that God Himself created. God created man/woman and yes gays are man and woman. Did Jesus despise, hate, point fingers at them? Taunt them and wish the world to be rid of them? I would not serve a man who did that. MY God is an ALL-KNOWING and loving God who is the ONLY one who has the right to judge a man’s choice and free will. I will not play God. God is LOVE, and I’m sticking to that philosophy. :)

Matt. 24:
[47] Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
[48] But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
[49] And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
[50] The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
[51] And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It makes me shake my head to what supposed Christians do these days. We can’t pick and choose what we see, we must abide in what God has firmly stated, no ifs ands or buts about. It’s a hard line but Christians, true Christians must walk it.

Yesterday was pretty amazing. I learned more and more about what Mary had done in her short thirty years of life. More than you and I in our lifetimes combined. She served the Lord. Went to many different countries on mission trips to feed the hungry, to aid the homeless, to give instead of get, to help instead of point fingers at what is wrong in the world. She has been to Uganda, Finland, Costa Rico, Mexico, Kampala, Estonia, Kenya and many more I can’t even name.

No one in those countries knew she was ill and suffering. She had said in the week that she was dying, “I didn’t want to be treated differently. I had a job to do.”
Her last week of life, her final mission was to get a grant approved for Cervical Cancer research. And it was so.
The room at her memorial was filled with over 100 people. There was one in Chicago (where she lived) in March and yes, hundreds more came to her memorial service there.

Her work here was done and now she is at peace; no pain and definitely no more suffering.