Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Lent: Day Twenty-nine ~ Coincidence?


Pss. 104:2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Coincidence?

Was it coincidence I was born on my mother’s birthday? Was it coincidence that has been the ruler in my life throughout the years? I can’t name ALL the things that people would deem ‘just coincidence’ but like ‘luck’, coincidence holds no weight with me.

I think people blame coincidence on things they can’t explain. God forbid should they think that the Almighty God reigns supreme in their life. Sure the great universe works in threads, threads that tie instances into happenings, weaving a blanket called life that covers you.

Nature plays a part too. Some call it Mother Nature I call it Father God. The only Great Spirit out there with a needle and thread is the Master Creator himself, God. There isn’t a slew of gods out there in the cosmos directing your paths. There is no Mother Nature or Father Time there is only One true God. Coincidence? I think not.

Now a lot of times people accept explanations of the scientific nature because they have been so absorbed with finding the truth (or proof) of a situation that they never find  real answers due to blindness. If you don’t believe in the trinity, you might not get my meaning.

God the Father is the Son and dwells in your life daily via the Holy Spirit. There it is, the word Spirit. In the bible it states, “No one comes to the Father, except through Me”, (John 4:16) Not believing in the Son of God as man flesh, you’ll never come to know the Holy Spirit and will always be searching for some great scientific truth whether it is in Astrology, Astronomy, prophets or religious leaders; you’ll search endlessly seeking some great Spirit all because you don’t want to accept God, Jesus and the HOLY Spirit.

It is not some grand coincidence that the world was formed. Not one ounce of coincidence knows you by name, knows the hairs on your head and calls you blessed. It is not by coincidence that we exist and seek continually to find an answer as to why we are here and where we go afterwards.

I love to think of us as a blanket put together one thread at a time making us all different but all part of the same blanket. Each seam brings us together and this is why people, certain people, enter your life. Whether through friendship or a divine draw that places you as a thread to make up ones blanket in life.

I am a part of your blanket as you are a part of mine. You read me so then you too become a thread tying together the quilt that makes for a comforter to cover you when you’re cold.

We are all part of the collective conscience that brings together two beings. God is the weaver of this blanket, Jesus is the thread that knits us into each others life, and the Holy Spirit is the warmth of energy we feel when relationships are formed. We become a blanket for each others soul connected by the One and only master Creator, not by coincidence.

If you are bound to trees, to animals, to love, to compassion then it is not a coincidence that we have met or have been woven together. God is the force that binds us together through the love of nature, animals and all things created. Did you ever wonder why we’re friends? God saw to it that our lives intertwined. He saw to it that we formed a square in the blanket.

Was it coincidence when Steven and I needed a place here in Nebraska, this house, totally affordable, was available? Was it coincidence that two years my man was blind and he finally got his sight back? Was it coincidence that found him a job that was willing to work around him not being able to drive in the dark? Was it coincidence that an affordable car was right there on the parking lot where he worked? Was it coincidence that two weeks later his truck would be totaled and he’d walk away without a scratch?

I think I have the secret to what people call ‘luck’, I have the key that will open the door on the mystery of coincidence and it is simply defined as blessings. If blessings don’t fill your cup to overflowing then you believe in coincidence. If you do not feel rich beyond all meaning (and I don’t mean money) then you are wrapped in the belief of luck.

My cup over flows, I’m rich beyond all measure, and my Spirit is filled with the love of God! I am a part of a blanket that is here to offer you warmth. My friends, we are one with the Spirit of Christ. Whether you believe that it is just a coincidence that we met, I’m here to tell you, there is no such thing as coincidence.

God be with you all!

Pss. 91: 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Isa. 3:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely put!

joni said...

Thanks Deb. :)

I haven't run out of posts yet, another two weeks to go.

Liberating.

To God be the Glory!