Friday, February 19, 2016

One World


John 7:7 “The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.”

One social world is enough for me, thank you. I don’t do the whole kit and kaboodle when it comes to social media rounds, and quite honestly as a person, it does nothing for me. I was recently asked to join another ‘social scene’ and I had to flat out decline the invitation. 

I started an account, looked at the wall and once again, it is filled with hate-mongers. Are they hiding their hate on THAT wall and acting all lovey on their facebook wall where people see them? I don’t know but I do know that as soon as I saw all of the same hate spewing I quickly deleted the account laughing at my own stupidity for falling for such a snare.

As a writer I need Twitter and Facebook to promote my writing and myself. I don’t need to be a part of a social scene where people have nothing to offer the world but their hate-filled OPINIONS of the world! Goodness, take a breather! How does one live in two worlds when they can’t even handle the ONE world they live in without it leaving a bitter taste in their mouth?

I wouldn’t dare take on another social wall unless it benefited my writing but that’s just me. I’m weird that way. I have more to do with my life than sit on the computer at social events spewing hate, what I ate, to take selfies to show that I and my world are just perfect, or to share memes of what I REALLY want to say. I care more about myself than to put myself in the accepted or rejected seat yet again. 

More times than not I’m rejected. Is it because people don’t like the truth I spew? I know people are leery of the God I believe in and I’m okay with that. It’s not like I tell them that it is MY truth and they must follow, I let them decide for themselves who it is they are committed to and here lately, the world is committed to technology over any form of theology I could ever dish out.

The world doesn’t look people in the eyes anymore, the world looks at their phones as they’re texting. They drive and text and more often than not, people die and have accidents because of texting. Is there anything more important in life than living life? I thought it was just a kid phase but no, more and more adults are using their phones as a means to staying connected to the world-wide-web.

I have never taken one of those ‘selfies’ that everybody is hooked on and I don’t text either, does that make me an unacceptable life form? It must mean I’m a scary uptight snob or something. 

In my writing, I like to convey a message. If I have something important to say, I say it and if it is too lengthy, I write and blog about the message. I live out in the middle of nowhere and oftentimes the internet is my only source of the candid view of the outside world that I behold. 

“A lot of people believe I am a Christian because they think I talk about Christian values; the truth is I talk about Human Values.
I have been asked if I am a Buddhist because I have discovered Inner Peace.
Many of my friends are Pagans, and they think that I am one too because I say that being in Nature is like going to Church.
Do you want to know who I really am? It’s very simple. I don’t need a label to define me. I am a piece of the Universe, Sentient and Manifested; I AM AWAKE.”
~ Paul Enso Hillman

Because of the people out there, I don’t define myself as a Christian. That is a label that is misused too much. People believe in God; they call themselves Christians. They read the Bible; they’re Christians. Talk about spirituality, they think you’re not a Christian yet the very book they read about THEIR God is FULL of spirituality so if they really read the book and understood the meaning, why does my spirituality scare them? 

Pss. 50:12 “If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.”

I am not the kind of person who praises God one minute then is so filled with hate that I must relay that hate to get it off of my chest. I am not blind to the world but the world is blind to me. I don’t come out of the woodwork to whine, I don’t display attributes that I will later regret and I don’t follow people just because they think they are a leader.

I am a child of God. You can label yourself any way you’d like but know, your actions are what people see and it turns them against the very belief some of you so-called Christians are trying to guide them into. I won’t be a part of the show.

Isa. 13:11 “And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.”

No comments: