Monday, July 10, 2017

Poetry Sunday ~ On a Monday ~ Tear Catcher

Job 16:20 “My friends scorn me: but mine eye poureth out tears unto God.”

Tear Catcher

I feel the doubts like shouts
lingering in my soul.
not from within but without
are ones that play a role.

I cannot find a protocol
that keeps this ill at bay
I cannot bear all the words
that people never say.

Taunted with their falsity
the fake façade they feel
their glazed over face says one thing
while the mind will whisper what’s real.

Tissues fill the trashcan
with tears that I’d cast down
tripping on my own thoughts
as a smile turns to a frown.

Dear God as you walk with me
along the storm-filled path
allow in me a peace unknown
Release this inner wrath.

Pss. 6:6 “I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.”


2 comments:

benning said...

*HUGS!* <3

Chin up, Toots!

joni said...

I'm trying, sooooooooooooooo hard!

*HUGS*

<3