Monday, November 28, 2011

Change is in the air...

Job 30:18 By the great force of my disease is my garment changed: it bindeth me about as the collar of my coat.
***

Can you smell it? *sniff* *sniff* It's called change. I’m about to embark on change in my writing career. Not sure I know exactly where I’m going to wind up but I’m gonna begin by changing the look of my blog. No nothing is changing with the content, I’ll still give writing tips and squeeze in a few personal pieces of my life, but really, the change is going to be within.

As his sight was restored, he will return to a lot of his old things, old stomping grounds like surfing pics (thanks for the redo up top), artists, songs, music while I heal this worn out body and find myself moving on into the future wherever God needs me on the next leg of this journey. By years end I should have a clearer picture of where I’m headed, whether it is up or down, falling flat on my face.

The writing life can be a lonely place. You find yourself on the edge of sanity many times. You create characters that call to you in your head, then your paranoia rises and the voices get louder and louder. You sit at the keyboard tapping away at keys as if your in a marathon, running and running with no end in sight.

You get tired of always running here and there and everywhere winding up no place special. And that is where I am at right now. I sit here second guessing writing. Can you imagine? I’ve been writing all my life and now at the young age of  *muffled age* I’m second guessing myself? Again, I allowed others to define me and where I am going, knowing full well they don’t hold the key to the door in which I need to go. While they were maliciously tearing down the walls, I was strategically building them back up and figuring a way to peel them from the floorboards and eliminate them from my life. Can I ask, did Jesus WELCOME Satan as a
friend into his home? NO!!! In Matt.4:10, He commanded,  “Get out of here, Satan.” And I will do the same by eliminating the intruders from my life.

I only feel alone because everyone, and I do mean everyone, around me has let me down. How much family support do I have? None. I’ve been in pain for, let’s see, October, all of November and the only people that know of my health are my church family, and my writing family. Who has expressed concern? Those same folk. ALONE! Alone am I! So as I move toward change, I have decided to gradually move away from being a thread of help to writers, and actually focus on ME and MY writing.

I will not let my blog go and that is the one thread that will keep us all tied together. Maybe you comment, maybe you don’t, maybe you read and actually glean some info from this blog, whatever the case, my heart, blood and soul is poured out in this blog, and you all, have become the characters in my life, that keep this blog going. I will not let you down, like everyone out in this world has let me down! If anything you know of me, *I* am not like them, I’m a character to be reckoned with and we’re on a journey and the tale is far from over.

Not only are the seasons changing... everything in life is changing.




Job 13:13 Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak, and let come on me what will.
 
Isa. 2:11 The lofty looks of man shall be humbled, and the haughtiness of men shall be bowed down, and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

No comments: