Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pointing Fingers

Ps. 136: 25 Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.
***

After yesterdays post, I could feel the fingers pointing, the mouths hanging open, whispering sounds, “You were on welfare?”

I’ve known many people who should BE on assistance but they don’t because of pride. Pride holds people back from many things and when you get the haughty attitude in life, you are missing a main element in your human existence; compassion, meekness.

“I’m not going to lower myself and go THERE” they say, while slopping up oats, or mac and cheese, for the 28th day of the month. When you don’t have a child, I guess you and your pride can stand on the pedestal thinking yourself really something way up there, above everyone else. Looking down on the lowly, meek and humble.

“HaH, look at me, I’m way up here and you, you have lowered yourself and will sit in that welfare office with all those stinky people who have absolutely nothing.” They have absolutely nothing? Really? I don’t see it that way. I see them as having MORE than you and as human beings who need food and are willing to go and get it, even if that means, shaking off the prideful attitude, humbling themselves and standing in line for hours at our government offices, and going home with food. Real food, delicious healthy food that will strengthen and nourish their bodies.

Meals on Wheels, food assistance to the elderly. Would you stand on your pedestal and deprive the elderly of a meal every day? You sit there and say that the welfare offices are full of people who take advantage of the system, yet you have no idea the persons life or circumstance that caused them to be in that situation. The meals-on-wheels is no different, the elderly need food and sometimes they don’t have cars or a means to get a meal each day, but would you deprive an elderly person a meal? Then why judge and deprive anyone else who is getting a much needed meal?

Oh, I get it now, it all boils down to your ego. “I work for my meals!” or “I have a job, now YOU go find one and stop allowing taxpayers to pay for you!” Really? Is that what it is to you? You being better, you having something others don’t have, you wanting to keep it for yourself and not share it?
You’ll spew back at me, I have no ego, I just call ‘em as I see ‘em. My point exactly, YOU call it the way YOU see it. When YOU have an ego, remember your pov lessons? Ego is all about YOU.

So what we have is YOU calling yourself a Christian, and YOU depriving innocent people of food and shelter, YOU taking from the poor, to give to the what? I can’t say rich, but those just getting by, too?
 

We have greed festering and surfacing, boasting, taunting, yet you say you have no ego?


Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Can you imagine just for a moment the weak and lowly of the earth coming to Jesus and saying, “I’m hungry.” And Jesus scoffing and saying “Get a job! I have nothing to offer you!” You’re jaw just dropped open. Close it before the flies get in, would you? Why did your jaw drop open? Because you know that Jesus would NEVER deny any man food, and I do mean ANY man or woman. So you calling yourself a Christian and denying a man his food, is no different than your Lord and Savior turning his back on the needy.
 

We as Christians have to humble ourselves and at one point in our life, become a weak, meek, lowly person to grasp the reality of what is being taught us by Christ.  Some of us never seek to rise above humility because we’re comfortable teaching what truly needs to be taught. All I ask, is look within at YOU and see just who it is YOU serve. It's not all about YOU pointing fingers, remember that.


Pro. 13: 23 Much food is in the tillage of the poor: but there is that is destroyed for want of judgment.

No comments: