Sunday, December 11, 2011

Poetry Sunday ~ I Pray

Ex.32: Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
***
I Pray

why are they so caught up
why does no one care
why do they just assume
that I’ll always be there.

why are they all laughing
why do they pass by
why do all, turn their heads
when seeing someone cry?

why the tunnel vision
why am I left alone
why does no one reach out
by way of telephone?

They text their friends
they buy their things
they talk with others
like joy it brings.

they wear false faces
for all to see
yet hide themselves
from lil ol me.

but it’s okay
these tears I cry
will bounce to heaven
without a sigh.

God will hold
my hand and face
spread His love
throughout the place.

Christmas will not crumble
all because of them
I’ve lined all my doorways
with loving cherubim!

Exodus 33:13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.

1 comment:

benning said...

Soulful, Joni. Sad, too, but you bring it home at the end. :D