Sunday, September 07, 2008

Poetry Sunday


Sight of the Night Soul



The stars have splashed my blinking eyes

Blinding me with its disguise

Now the light may crystallize

All that I have seen


The tree bears fruit of every kind

To thee I wish to be defined

For all the light now has me blind

Senses nearly keen


Confused by sight and sordid sound

Truly lost what I have found

Kneeling on the trodden ground

From thee I must be weaned


I hide behind the night lights shower

Not to frail I will not cower

Safely under the bridled bower

The storm clouds thus convene


Lofty soul these things I seek

Strengthen me when I am weak

Of this earth among the meek

Grasping sights unseen



copyright © joni zipp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this one, Joni! Thanks. =)
I am also learning to read poetry.

When are you going to submit your collection of poems for publication?

-Susan