Friday, April 24, 2009

Poetry Sunday ~ If...

IF...
All rights reserved: copyright © Joni Zipp

If on scorched land I fall

will someone carry me through
will I find relief through it all
parched lips will cease to be new.

If on the flaming fire
I search for seeping rain
will someone see the mire
and save me from the pain

If on knees I crawl
can you come to clear my mind
while all along I maul
I seek but cannot find

If all alone I fail
to the Lord I will confide.
on the seas I sail
He will be my guide.

Happy Birthday Astri
b. 4-26-04 ---d. 4-26-04

All rights reserved: copyright © Joni Zipp

4 comments:

Raven said...

I came. I read. I enjoyed.
Unfortunately, I was still pretty sick from a nasty cold.

But I still came.

:) lovely job, as always.

Raven

Raven said...

Joni,

Wherever you are, many thoughts go with you. I'm going back into your archives to reread your Sunday poetry. That way, I'll still get my fix. LOl. Starting all the way from the beginning.

I hope you are settling in, safe and sound.

Raven

Queen B said...

This is nice

joni said...

Thanks Raven,
My daily visitor.:-) Settling in nicely! Visit 911 and read my journey. I may post it here but you'll get first dibs. lol

Queen B,
Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you are enjoying the content. I've just moved and am getting settled in and I'll be back in the swing of things real soon.

Enjoy your visit and come often!

Joni