Friday, May 28, 2010

The Puzzle

The Puzzle
***

Pieces all scattered about
not formed, it’s incomplete.
Each one has a perfect place
I strive with vain conceit.

The box shows an image
of abundant life and glory;
raging seas all on top
a flower bed of fury.

Colors clash as vibrancy
shakes the solid ground.
The puzzle wreaks redundancy
boisterous without a sound.

The silent spot of  me begins
to see the object form
I see a scene setting in
the puzzle of a storm.

Whirlwinds just like life
the waterspout meets sky.
My pain in life is all washed up
I never know just why.

Clearer now the image
is all said and done.
I’ll stand here now and wonder.
what happened to the sun!

3 comments:

Steven said...

You've summed it up nicely, well done!

June said...

And when, dear Joni, are you going to publish a book of poetry????

joni said...

Publishers aren't keen on poetry so I'll dig for one that isn't a vanity press.

I asked epress a few years back, but they said they have no poetry editors. :(

I edited Tom Spencer's poetry book (I think the only poetry book done by epress) so it'd be kinda odd editing my own work. lol

We'll see. :)